
See the newest picture of Miriya? Does anything seem missing? Yes, the silver line of a retainer is not present in her smile. Why not you may ask? Well, it appears that she has lost them. Now this is not so newsworthy. Lots of kids lose their retainers, right? Well, this is Miriya's second set of retainers. She lost the original set just over 8 weeks ago. We rattled our cages about the cost to replace them and how could she be so irresponsible, blah, blah. She was dutifully penitenant and we didn't make her pay for replacement. (Too harsh said grandma, give her another chance.) Yet, here she is again, in the same predicament. Why don't we just forget about them she said in a hopeful voice? NO WAY! Not when it has been about 6 months since you got your braces off. You may not care, but we do not want to see that major investment tank this soon after payoff.
This time she will be paying for the whole cost of replacement. This is in hopes of building a sense of responsibility for them. For the next 6 weeks I will have a weekly baby sitter for date night as well as a weekly maid. Admittedly, I will enjoy these perks, but still, I would rather her have the retainers.












1 comment:
I just found my retainers the other day. I didn't try them on, though so who knows if they would still fit. Enjoy your date nights!
Post a Comment