After months of planning and several seemingly insurmountable problems it finally happened: The first ever High Adventure for the Springboro Ward. I lost sleep over the whole thing for 3 nights in a row but my wonderful husband saved the day with the help of my older kids. It is nigh impossible to prepare for this big of an activity when you work the day before and the day before that is Sunday. There aren't even words to explain how much I love and appreciate Tom and all the work he put into making this adventure happen. From putting a bug in the bishop's ear in the first place, to shopping for the food to leading the caving expedition, he was the bomb!
We spent 3 days at the Red River Gorge in Kentucky and all the girls participated in caving, rock climbing and kayaking. We had 13 girls total and every one of them tried all the activities. I was so proud of them all. Many of them had never even been camping. Miriya, of course, was the first to try everything. I had to teach some girls how to roast hot dogs. I can't imagine families that don't take their kids to do outdoorsy things. Anyway, all the girls had a fantastic time and all the leaders want to make it either a yearly or every other year tradition. I guess that is appreciation and proof that it went off successfully. Whew! Glad it's over, can't wait to do it again.
Here is my ill fated climbing attempt. I did NOT make it to the top but I did try very hard. I kept wanting to fall backwards. Too much booty weight, I guess. Seems I will have to do something about that before the next adventure. Then again, I have never been very good at rock climbing, even when I was 20 and hadn't had 4 babies.
That tiny speck is me jumping off a 25 foot cliff. All the girls did it multiple times. This was the best part of the trip for me. If only that rock hadn't been so hard to climb...












2 comments:
That looks so fun! I am glad you were in charge. (That is the collective "you"). I wish we had some gumption like that around here.
Looks like you all had fun. I wish we would have done more fun things like this when I was in young women as a young woman and as an advisor!!!
Post a Comment