Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Art Exhibit

My kids occassionally make messes. I know it is suprising but true.  Here is the latest:  I got some markers that work on glass.  The idea is that they can draw on the windows and then the sun shines through and we all marvel at the beauty.  I know, I should have seen it coming but it really did seem like a good idea at the time. 

Luckily the markers washed off easily after 2 days.  Unfortunately, we had church before it was completely gone.  I don't know what everyone thought about our new Goth look.


In other news, Miriya did a piece of art that was accepted for display at the Dayton Peace Museum.  I am really proud of her.  We all went to see it as a family.  The Peace Museum made Tom crazy because it was very liberal political and all about saving the earth.  These are both subjects that Tom can talk about/against for hours.  We all just walked away from his scruchy eyebrows lest we be caught in another tirade.  The student art exhibit was very nice. 


Miriya took this picture off our deck the other night.  What a beautiful sunset. 

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Congratulations to Miriya. That is great. We miss those sunsets that allow you to see forever because of the lack of mountains.

Grandma Terry said...

Miriya great job making it to the exhibit! What a beautiful sunset it is so nice to appreciate nature once in a while. Love you. Looks like all of you have the artistic genes (Isaac and Nick too).