Friday, April 27, 2012

Easter Follies

One week before Easter a restaraunt by our house had an early morning breakfast with the Easter Bunny.  We thought that the younger kids would enjoy it so we went.  Here is a picture of Isaac with the Easter bunny.

Where is Nick's picture?  Well, Nick was completely frightened and absolutely would not, under any circumstances stand near the bunny for an official picture.  Managed to get one on my phone as Tom was trying to coax Nick near the bunny.  I was completely suprised by his reaction as Santa had not been a problem at Christmastime.  I guess fat guys in red not scary but really big bunnies, frightening!  After Isaac posed with the bunny he whispered to me, "Mom, I think that bunny is really a person because he is wearing socks."  I took a look and sure enough, between the leg and the bunny paw were clearly people socks.  Observant kid.

While at the meet the bunny breakfast, all the kids colored a picture and there was a coloring contest.  Amazingly, Nick won!  He received a gift card to the restaraunt for a return visit.  Nice job kid!


Another exciting event at our house happened just last week.  Taylor is very allergic to bees and gets all swollen and has trouble breathing when stung.  Because of this we have epipens scattered around the house and in the car.  We don't leave them where the little guys can get them so imagine my suprise when Isaac came in holding the epipen telling me that it hurt his leg.  What?!  I made him pull down his pants and right there on his thigh was a needle stick.  That kid had climbed up to the upper shelf of the book case, found the epipen, disarmed the safety and then stabbed himself in the thigh.  What a dork!  All I could think of was what an adult dose of epinepherine would do to a child... I kept asking him how he felt.  Fine, fine, FINE stop asking!  It seems that he did not suffer any ill effects.  I don't think he got the entire dose since he probably pulled it away after the initial stick.  I am at a loss as to how to prevent this in the future since it really was not child accessible on the high shelf.  Hopefully, he learned his lesson and doesn't want to experience another needle stick.

No comments: