Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

For mother's day I worked in the morning.  That was actually a wonderful gift because I was gone while everyone was running around getting ready for church.  This is usually mass chaos and fighting.  I really did not miss it.  Plus, I didn't have to get the 2 little guys ready either.  When I got home from work I got the best present ever...an entirely clean house!  I walked in to a clean counter, clean floors and dinner simmering on the stove (chicken curry, my favorite).  This is truly the best present.  I guess amidst the fighting and getting ready for church Tom managed to have the kids do some cleaning as well.  Hooray!  I am so glad I have a wonderful husband and kids who know exactly what I want for mother's day.


As far as my other gifts, Isaac made me a cute butterfly with his footprints.  Both Isaac and Nick made me a flower at church with hershey kisses for decoration.  Unfortunately, by the time I got the gifts the kisses were gone.  Isaac told me that he didn't think that I would want them and he was really hungry. 

From Tom I got some new windows in the basement.  The original windows in the basement were teeny tiny and only let in a little bit of light.  It was really weird that they were so small since the basement is a walk out and is mostly above ground.  Tom hired a concrete cutter and now we have some larger windows that actually let in light.  Here is a picture of the big hole cut into the foundation.  The kids were fascinated with the whole process and wouldn't leave the guy alone.  He was good natured and even let them "help" a little. 

Taylor is pretty much the family klutz.  If it gets broken it was usually Taylor that had touched it last.  I have a marble rolling pin that I got for my wedding.  I love this thing and use it 3-4 times per week.  It weighs probably 15 pounds and was indestructable, or so I thought.  Well, as you can probably guess, Taylor was using it and dropped it on the tile floor.  The rolling pin cracked right in half.  Amazingly the tile floor is OK.  Now that is a miracle.  I guess it will be a while until we have pie or biscuits or pizza, at least until I find another marble rolling pin. 



No comments: