Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Jaunts

On Friday I took the kids to COSI in Columbus.  It is a really neat children's science museum that we love to visit.  While there, a bank had set up a booth at the entrance.  They spoke to the kids about saving money and then the kids talked about what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Having just come out of the space museum, Isaac wanted to be an astronaut.  Nick decided that he wanted to be a cowboy.  There were many costumes for the kids to dress up in and then get their pictures taken.  It turned out really cute.


At the beginning of the month, Miriya got her wisdom teeth taken out.  She was a poor thing for a few days but has sprung back well.  She was scheduled to work the next day.  I told her to trade away that shift.  She did so reluctantly but then was glad that she did.  That crazy oral surgeon sent her home with extra strength lortab.  What a nut!  I don't even give those out from the hospital.  I thought that the pain clinic was the only place to get those.  Now I know it is the pain clinic AND the dentist. Too bad my patients don't go to the dentist for their pain medication.  They would probably be happier with their results than when they come to see me.  Oh wait, you have to pay cash for the dentist, guess that is why they come to my shop.


Notice the stud on the upper right ear.
Speaking of Miriya, she has gone all rebellious on us.  She came home the other day with her ears pierced way up in the cartilage.  We talked about how the hole in your cartilage doesn't grow back and that she has chosen to go to BYU for college.  She insists that the rule is one pair of earrings.  She thinks that if she only wears the cartilage pair she will be square with the rules.  Right, let me know how that works out for you...By the way, if you get put on probation, I don't pay your tuition.  I only hope it was those Lortab 7.5s talking. 

Playing in the fountain at Riverscape on a hot, summer day.
It has been so hot and dry this summer.  The people in charge are calling it a drought.  I can't remember so many days in the 90s since we moved here.  We have found some fun places for the kids to get wet and keep cool.  In addition to the good old river standbys for kayaking and catching crawdads, we have found several fountains for playing and splash pads.  Nick is usually hesitant at first but then runs in when he sees his brothers having so much fun.  We can actually ride our bikes to the one at Riverscape, so we are definitely ready for a good drenching by the time we get there.

Summer is going by so fast.  It seems like it just started and already I am looking for school clothes.  Crazy lazy summer days!

No comments: