I was driving to the grocery store yesterday when I heard an interesting conversation between Isaac and Nick in the back seat. Nick was very upset because I had buckled his car seat for him. He REALLY wanted to do it himself. Sometimes there just isn't time to do it self, right?
Nick: Isaac, mom is not my friend.
Isaac: What?
Nick: Mom is not my friend, I am mad at her
Isaac: Mom is still my friend, she is really nice. You don't make any sense.
Nick: Isaac, I am not talking to you, I am talking to Chives.
What? You are talking to Chives? Who/what is Chives?
I will let Nick describe Chives to you in his own words:
Hmm, very interesting. I haven't yet had a child with an imaginary friend. It seems to be a very creative solution to his frustrating problem. When someone isn't listening or does not agree with what you are saying, you just talk with Chives, who evidently is always a good listener and is overflowing with empathy. I am intrigued to see where this will go. I have visions of Chives taking the rap for the crayon on the wall and violence against Isaac. What is the down side? Maybe I should get an imaginary friend to listen when I have a bad day or always agree with everything I say...












1 comment:
So cute! Miles has an imaginary friend named Eggster. It has lasted for about 2 years now, although it's a lot less now. We have to blow kisses to Eggster at night when we blow kisses to Miles, and silly things like that. I think imaginary friends are so sweet. Nick is getting big! And he's darling too. :)
Post a Comment