Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween and Hurricanes


Halloween this year was very cold and wet.  Normally, we can sit outside in the cul de sac and visit with the neighbors, roast marshmallows in the fire pit while handing out candy to trick or treaters.  Not this year.  Hurricane Sandy overwhelmed us with snow, rain and temperatures in the 30s for trick or treating.   Now, being from Utah, this is actually a regular occurrence on Halloween and I think the older kids remember more Halloweens where they went out in snow than not.  Luckily, I am a Utah girl at heart and still buy the costumes extra big to accommodate a coat underneath.  This was a concept completely unheard of by my Ohio neighbors.  So while their kids were very cute and skinny Dorothys, Glinda and Tin Men, my kids were very fat Robin Hood and  a rather plump Firefighter.  Since no one was prepared, there were very few trick or treaters out that night.  My kids, therefore, got all the candy that people were trying to get rid of.  Hmm, I now have 2 big mixing bowls full of chocolate and one bowl full of laffy taffy, etc.  This is way more candy than my kids even want to eat.  Isaac and Nick were thrilled with the haul, so are the nurses at work...


1 comment:

bamatamb said...

I love that picture of Isaac and Nick--Nick has a bit of the "I can't put my arms down" syndrome! :) Glad you were all safe after the storm!