First, I wanted to give some follow up to my previous post about the patient who had to choose her leg or her brain. Well, after presenting all the pros and cons and answering all of her questions, she ultimately chose to receive the heparin. She was then admitted by vascular surgery with the intention of going to surgery for bypass grafting within the next 1-2 hours. I spoke with the vascular surgeon about a week later and she stated that the patient actually did really well, no brain bleeds and they were able to save the leg. Win for modern medicine.
Miriya was our babysitter while we were gone. It was so nice not to have to hire a stranger to watch the little guys. She has now gone back to school and I miss her a ton. While at home she learned a hard lesson about facebook and church authority. Please keep her in your prayers as she struggles with a testimony shattering encounter with our bishop. Please keep our bishop in your prayers as well, as he apparently has not dealt much with youthful idealism.
When I came into the computer room today this is what I saw:
I called the usual suspects (Isaac and Nick) and began questioning. Nick was a softy and admitted to the artwork straightaway. We discussed how drawing should be reserved for paper and only after asking permission. On the plus side, the kid can read AND write and now everyone will now who's computer they are sitting at when they go to this desk.












2 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad that your patient ended up keeping her leg AND her brain! :) Yay for modern medicine, indeed!
Hope things are going ok for Miriya. I am also glad that patient got to keep her leg and brain, too.
Post a Comment