Heavenly Father did grace me with a tender mercy. Taylor was the only person flying to Brazil and I was so worried about, well, everything. He is pretty well traveled, even internationally, but I have always been with him. Sending him off to do it all alone was a test of faith. A very nice woman was also traveling to Brazil and met up with Taylor in Atlanta. She recognized him as a missionary and texted me when they got on the plane and when they landed in Brazil so that I would know that he was safe. Wow, that was exactly what I needed. Heavenly Father was truly watching out for me that night. The governor of Utah was on the same flight so Taylor got a picture with him after they landed.
He sent me his first real email after pday this week. His pday is Wednesday. It sounds like he is very busy but eating well. (It's all about the food for that kid). He says that the language is going great. He would love to hear from family so feel free to email him. I did get an email from the MTC president stating that the MTC cannot accept packages. I am incredulous as this means no birthday or Christmas presents. He will be leaving the MTC right around Christmas so I am going to send his packages to his mission so hopefully they won't be too delayed from the holiday.
Here are the important addresses:
email address
rasmussen.taylor@myldsmail.net
His mission address (packages OK)
Elder Taylor Thomas Rasmussen
Brazil Sao Paulo West Mission
Rua Euzebio de Souza, 121
Jardim, Londrina
05638-100 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil
I don't have his complete MTC address as I can't read the card he filled out then sent a picture. I emailed him for clarification. When he emails back, I will post it here.
.jpg)













1 comment:
Congrats on being a missionary mama! I bet it is so hard! But he will be amazing. I think you'll see so many blessings and tender mercies over the next 2 years, and I loved hearing about the lady on the plane, already being an answer to your prayers. <3 Be sure to update us all as you hear from him!
Post a Comment