Tuesday, December 9, 2014

School projects

I so love it when my kids come home from school announcing that they have a project that is due...tomorrow, NOT

OK, Isaac did let me in on the news one week in advance but it was a good thing as he clearly will require some direction.

A few years ago Taylor made a "diorama" for a school project.  It was a giant joke in the house and despite Taylor's protests, has moved onto family lore category so fails to fall out after the 7 year moratorium on bringing up dumb and embarrassing things.  I looked for the picture but can't find it.  Tom must have filed it away on another drive.  It was basically a square outline drawn on a piece of cardboard with boxes drawn in to represent the people.  Some diorama!

Here is Isaac's contribution:  He had to do a project about a book that he read.  He chose to make a collage.  I gave him all of the Christmas catalogs that have been filling my mailbox for him to cut up and use.  Unfortunately, the book is about a king, a queen, a princess and a pig.  I guess it is hard to find those characters in Christmas catalogs.  This is what he came up with:

He cut out a picture of a man and told me it was the king.  He then found a picture of a large gold bow that he made into the crown.  You have to give props to the kid for creativity and doing his best with what he had.  Tom and I laughed for 10 minutes then told him that he may have to draw his pictures instead.

I love that kid!

1 comment:

bamatamb said...

Ha! That is great and clever on his part! :)