Monday, February 9, 2015

Taylor Update 2/9/15

He has had 2 baptisms.  The first one he did the actual baptizing and it sounds like it was a comedy of errors.  The font wouldn't fill up so they only had water that was knee deep.  He couldn't keep the person's name right and had to repeat the prayer several times.  Finally, he did not bring dry underwear.  I guess he learned what NOT to do for the next baptism.  It sounds like that one went much smoother.
The guy in white is his companion, Elder Nougera

He told us that 20 sisters finished their missions and went home so they had to close an area in his mission and combine it with his area.  So he is now an area leader and has a new companion and all new people to teach.  I think the Portuguese is coming along.  Here are some pictures:

We finally figured out why he hasn't gotten our Christmas and birthday packages yet.  We just received them at our house, return to sender with MOVED scrawled across the address.  Apparently, the mission office moved and no one bothered to let us know.  I mailed the packages to the address provided in the booklet that came with his mission call but it was the wrong one.  It makes me so angry!!!!  Each package was $50 to mail and now I get to send them again, plus he did not have a gift for Christmas or his birthday.  It appears I am working on forgiveness this week.

Just for the record, here is the correct address, as far as I know.
Elder Rasmussen
Rua Doutor Rui Batista Pereira #165
JD Caxingui
Sao Paulo - SP
05517-080
Brasil

Here is the last excerpt from his letter:
realmente Português é difícil meu companheiro fala só português, mas ele fala muito rápido. eu sento que eu entendi poquino como meu mente não gosta de português.

Eu te amo

obrigado por seu amar

Translation:  
Really, Portuguese is difficult.  My companion only speaks Portuguese but he speaks really fast.  I feel like I understand a little bit but my mind doesn't like the Portuguese.  I love you, thank you for your love.  




1 comment:

bamatamb said...

I love reading these updates! How great to already have 2 baptisms. His first does sound funny! Hopefully they were all able to laugh it off. What a bummer about the packages being returned...it seems like it would be easier for the Brazil post office to forward it on (in their own country!) than to send it back to the US. Hopefully there won't be more troubles.