I have been reading some of the funny things kids say on other people's blogs and it reminds me of some funny things that my kids say. You might think that I only have funny quotes from Isaac since he is just learning to talk, but Miriya and Taylor say their fair share of funny things too. For example, since it is Christmas, we have been talking about the Christmas story around the house, introducing it to Isaac. I overheard Taylor telling Isaac that the wicked king Harold (Herod) wanted to kill the baby Jesus. Around Easter time Taylor also talked about Jesus being in the garden of Yosemite. That kid is confused!
The other day we were "discussing" Miriya's midterm grades, which could be better in German. She made the profound announcement that we did not need to oversee her grades because when she turns in her homework then her grades increase. Tom and I pretended to be amazed by her insight. This is only funny because she has never made this connection before now. At least she has never admitted it. I firmly believe that everyone should have a child like this. It helps you work on your patience.
At the dinner table, Isaac asks for bums (buns, like for a hamburger). He also sings Cawkle, cawkle little star. Let me translate, this is the same word he uses for tickle, tickle. So he is actually singing tickle, tickle little star. This is a cute kid! I suppose I could be biased.
I will post more as they come about.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
Keep these coming. These are great.
Post a Comment