We also have a very smiley Nick. Over the past 2 weeks he has really started busting out the smiles. He loves being talked to and will immediately stop crying and smile at you if you look into his face and talk. He has also started cooing back. There is nothing sweeter than a baby's coo.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Potty training
Well, I think the time has come to start potty training Isaac. He got a potty for his birthday but has not seemed too interested it until lately. Since his birthday, I would put him on the potty every once in a while like when we were getting ready to take a bath or before brushing his teeth. The idea was to get him used to sitting on the potty. One time he actually put some pee in the potty and we all got really excited and then rewarded him with a cookie. Oh man! Did that start an avalanche that we couldn't stop. Now he won't leave the potty. He will use it and get his reward (an M&M) and then go right back to sitting on the potty. It is a big tantrum if you try to get him dressed or to go play or even to go eat lunch! He eventually leaves to eat lunch because I refuse to feed him in the bathroom. But I am pretty sure that if I brought the food up, he would happily eat it while sitting on the pot. If you do manage to get him dressed then he is forever getting himself undressed to go sit on the potty again. Who knew that you had to be completely naked to use the potty? I think he has down the part of putting the pee and the poop in the potty. Now we just need to work on going to the potty when you feel like you need to rather then just passively waiting for it to fall in. I hope this is as easy as getting him to sit on the potty at all has been. We have invested in some pull ups and some big boy unders. Wish us all luck!

We also have a very smiley Nick. Over the past 2 weeks he has really started busting out the smiles. He loves being talked to and will immediately stop crying and smile at you if you look into his face and talk. He has also started cooing back. There is nothing sweeter than a baby's coo.

We also have a very smiley Nick. Over the past 2 weeks he has really started busting out the smiles. He loves being talked to and will immediately stop crying and smile at you if you look into his face and talk. He has also started cooing back. There is nothing sweeter than a baby's coo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
Isaac makes me laugh. Funny pic of him on the pot. And Nick is so sweet and chubby. What a happy baby!
They are both so cute! I can't believe how much Isaac has grown. Love the blog!
Post a Comment