Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Varsity Letter

Miriya has finally done it! She made it through her swimming season. She made it to all the practices, she did her best at all the meets, she waited patiently to be picked up after meets and practices. Now what does she have to show for it? A big block letter S, for Springboro. In fact, since she was a butterfly specialist, she swam in multiple events at every meet and earned a varsity letter. To earn a varsity letter in your freshman year is a big deal and Tom and I are so proud of her.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Miriya! That is amazing to letter as a FRESHMAN!! Good Job!

Johanna said...

Congrats to her! I'll bet she is glad she stuck with it now. BTW, her hair looks really cute down.

S said...

Congratulations Miriya!

The Abbott Family said...

Congrats Miriya! I bet those shoulders are bulging with muscles!! What an accomplishment, we miss watching everyone at the swim meets.