This past weekend Tom, Taylor and Isaac went camping on the annual Fathers and Sons outing. I tried to get them to take Nick too but Tom wouldn't have any of it. I guess camping with one adult and 2 babies was too much for Tom to handle. Anyway, I am sure that they had a great time. I usually like the Father and Sons campout because it means that I can spend some one on one time with Miriya. We usually do fun things like get pedicures or see a movie. This year Miriya decided that she wanted to be a little domestic. Every year near our town there is a Renaissance Festival. It is a huge deal and people come from all over the country to attend. (Read: nerd herd) Since we are fellow nerds, we love to go. One thing everyone does is dress up in renaissance clothing. We haven't had costumes in the past, but this year is going to be different. I bought patterns to make everyone old dresses and knight/page boy costumes. We are all pretty excited about it. After I bought the fabric I began thinking that Miriya really doesn't know how to sew. When I was young, I was involved in 4H and learned a ton about cooking and sewing. Miriya has learned a little about cooking by helping me, but she is pretty green when it comes to sewing. When I talked to her about it she was eager to learn how. So we decided to start laying out the pattern on the fabric while the big boys were gone. Miriya got a little frustrated because the directions are rather confusing, then she found out first hand why I turn into hulk woman when they use my fabric scissors for paper. But we finally got the skirt part cut out. I decided that it would be best if she sewed the skirt and I sewed the shirt as it is a little more complicated. Here is a picture of her cutting out the fabric and a picture of the final costume. Hers is the middle shirt and the right lower skirt. I will post a picture of her modeling the final product when it is done.
In other news, potty training is a dismal failure. After such a great start, Isaac still hasn't caught on that you have to go to the potty BEFORE you wet your pants. He just goes goes to the potty whenever it strikes his fancy. Even if we set a timer, he refuses to go to the potty when the timer goes off. I gave up after 6 accidents in 2 hours. Today he did a poop in his diaper but then jumped up to use the potty while I was changing him. He initially got pretty mad when I told him that he needed to put the poop in the potty in order to get an M and M. But then he just said, "Oh well." and then layed down so I could put his clean diaper on. I couldn't help but laugh, but then, with an attitude like that, how will I ever get him trained?












No comments:
Post a Comment