Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Isaacisms



We got some new pictures taken of the kids and the baby. Originally I had planned to just have Nick's 6 month pictures and a new group one of all the kids together. Then those sneaky picture takers took ones of my other kids too and they were too cute to pass up. Grandmas need updated pictures too, right?


New quotes from Isaac:

When it is time to clean up Isaac will sing, "Plean up, plean up, everyone everywhere" and proceed to throw everything into the bin.

His blanket is called his ganky. I have never had a blankie baby. This is new experience for us. He absolutely will NOT go to sleep unless he has at least one of his gankies. That means that they have to travel with us in the car and on airplanes. They are not the small receiving blankets but his big crib quilts, this has made for some interesting converstaions around the overhead bin and in the rental car. "Isaac's gankie is touching me..." "There isn't enough room under the seat to place the gankie and the kid will flip if you put it in the overhead bin." That flight attendent wisely acquiesced.

Whenever Isaac wants something he says, "I do X." For example if he wants some cake he will say, "I do cake." "I do slide, I do gankie" etc.

He is becoming a master of the bedtime stall. He now requires teeth brush, 2 stories, prayers, climb up the hippo, gankie tuck and a kiss from Mom. I then leave and shut the bedroom door and he calls back, "Kiss momma." So I go back in and let him give me a kiss. I leave again and he calls back, "Kimo, kimo." This actually means come back for an eskimo kiss. I am such a sucker I actually do. I have to get my kisses now because he won't want to give me eskimo kisses forever.

No comments: