The stake does girls camp every year because some of the wards in our stake only have 2-3 young women. Our ward took 29 girls so we were comparatively huge. I took the calling with the hope that I could spend more time with Miriya. Unfortunately, she was a youth leader and so was sucked into the stake vortex only to be seen when all the wards met together. She wasn't even camped in our ward area. Miriya seemed to be pretty mad about this as well although I think it had more to do with the fact that she missed out on our ward hatchet throwing and marshmallow shooting than it did with missing her dear old mom. We are very lucky in that all of our girls get along with one another. There was no drama of she is mad at so and so and no one will be in a tent with so and so. They all just help and are kind to everyone. What a refreshing switch from when I went to camp at 17.
We had 1 hour per day for just our ward to plan an activity. Other wards made bookmarks and had devotionals. I think the girls get tired of these activities and we had plenty of it planned already, so I had Tom come up on one day and he taught them all hatchet throwing and how to use a sling. The girls were still talking about who made it into the "stick it" club on Sunday. The next day I took up our marshmallow shooters and we had a marshmallow free for all. We also worked in a sneak attack on the stake leaders. I think the whole thing went well but everyone told me that they enjoyed the high adventure more. I had a good time planning both. Believe it or not, I would love to do it all again.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Girls Camp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment