Tom has been out of town again. He only travels 2-3 times per year, unfortunately, it has all been in the last 3 months. This trip was an easy one, 3 days 2 nights in Baltimore. What could go wrong? Well, on the 2nd night I was laying in bed, nearly asleep, when I got a call on my cell phone. It was about 10:30 PM and everyone knows that those nighttime phone calls are never good news. I answered it because it was Miriya's number and she was out with her friends. She initially apologized for being late, her curfew is 10:00 on a school night. She then proceeded to tell me that the police wanted to speak with me. Apparently there is a town curfew for minors of 9:30 on a school night and did I know that my daughter was in violation of curfew? I did know that Miriya was out and that she was late but was it really a good idea to admit this to the police? I had momentary flash backs of when I was 17 and out toothpasting a rock of a cute boy with my sister. The police called my mom that time too. She feigned ignorance. I was so angry at the time because she was well aware of our actions and I didn't understand why she lied about her knowledge. But now, faced with the same problem, I also feigned ignorance. That is better than being hauled into court for poor supervision of a child or whatever they could dream up, and believe me, those police WILL dream up something. Needless to say, I was more concerned with her violation of MY curfew than with her violation of the city curfew. She had some 'splainin' to do when she got home. Too bad for her, Homecoming is next week. Just for future reference, it is bad to have a parental curfew violation right before a big event that you may want to stay out late for. It would also appear that the curse placed on me by my own mother has come to pass, "I hope you have a child just like you!"
I also have a short clip of Nicholas. When he gets upset with Isaac his new line is, "Don't make me sad!" He is also confused. If you tell him that he is cute he immediately corrects you telling you that he is not cute he is Nicholas. It is...really cute!












No comments:
Post a Comment