Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween

Well, crap.  Time has gotten away. I didn't realize that the last time I posted was at the beginning of school.  So much has been going on that I guess I haven't had time to update the blog lately.  Tom has been traveling a lot between work and his family responsibilities.  I have been a single mom for a while.  I think his contract is finally over so his travel schedule will be much less hectic.  This is a mixed blessing.  No contract also means no money.  Thank goodness his income is not our only source, defense spending seems to be dropping with this president and congress, not to mention a likely return of the sequester in January. 

For Halloween Isaac dressed up as an Indian and Nick was a knight.  Nick's costume worked out especially well since we also used it for the Renaissance Fair.  Yeah, we are nerds like that.  Trick or treating was pretty cold again this year but we did have our friends over and the guys went out with the little boys.  Taylor went out with his friends.  He dressed up as an old man.  It was actually a really good costume.  We make fun of Taylor because he always leaves his costume to the last minute and is something like the wiper (a toilet paper mummy) but this year his costume was great. 

Prior to Halloween we ran the Ghost and Goblin 5K as a family.  Everyone dressed in their costumes and we ran the course next to the Great Miami River in downtown Dayton.  It was so much fun and our kids actually finished the course without complaining.  Boo Yeah!  We all got slick orange running jackets for finishing.  I think Nick was the youngest finisher that was not pushed in a stroller.  Good for him. 

Tom is tapeworm, in case you couldn't tell.
This Sunday our family and the other family that we hang out with, will be running the Hot Chocolate race in Columbus.  Tom and Taylor signed up for the 5K but me and our friends signed up for the 15K.  I think I am susceptible to peer pressure... Anyway, I have been training hard so that I don't embarrass myself.  I even ran 10 miles on a cruise ship.  Now that is dedication.  My next goal, a half marathon.   

2 comments:

Rebecca Mancil said...

Yay for you!! Hey if I can run a 1/2 marathon than I am sure you can do it, too. Nick and Isaac are getting so big. Their costumes were cute. Good luck with the race!!

bamatamb said...

You need to blog about this latest cruise-ship adventure too! I always love hearing about your travels. :)