It has been so cold this winter. I have never had a winter as cold as this one whether we lived in Utah or Ohio. We have had weeks where the temperature hasn't risen above 12. We had one week of "warm" (36 degrees) temperatures last week but now we are right back to 14 degrees and in the midst of an ice storm. Silver lining? Church was cancelled! Now I finally have some time to update the blog. We haven't done anything major recently. Just the day to day activities of school and work.
Isaac - He just lost his 2 front teeth. I think all kids are so cute when their top teeth are missing. I am planning on getting his pictures taken so we can remember his cute, toothless, smile. He also started piano lessons, his first lesson was last week. I was reminding him to practice his songs 3 times when he told me that he doesn't have any songs. Hmmm, well whatever you are calling your music, you must play each piece three times. Nice try!
Taylor - He is busy with his high school classes and his college classes. He just signed up to take the AP physics and AP calculus tests. He has been accepted to BYU - Idaho and BYU - Provo. He is still waiting to hear from a few more schools before making his final decision. We are trying to talk him into going to prom as this is his senior year. He is hesitant, we will see...
Miriya - We miss her but the little boys still pray for her to come home soon and safely every night. She is enjoying her classes at Utah State and sent off applications to her major (medical laboratory science) just this week. She is taking 17 math and science credits this semester, she must be studying all the time. She texted me that she got a 98% on her anatomy test and then celebrated by going skiing.
Nick - He is a reading maniac. He got a set of Magic Tree House books for Christmas and has already devoured the entire set. We try to go to the library every week as I can't afford to keep him in books at the rate that he is reading them. He has also begun writing little notes and leaving them for me to find on my pillow. I love this. The interesting thing is that he expects me to write him back immediately and will follow me around the house until I write him a note. So funny.
.
Tom - He has been busy teaching science to Isaac and Nick and their classmates with his brainiac inventions. Want to learn about gravity? Tom has a rocket launcher. Want to learn about air molecules? Tom has a fog machine. He's got a million shows but he loves to perform and the kids love to learn about science while also having fun.
http://academymorgan1.weebly.com/4/post/2014/01/science-guy.html
Jen - I am busy with work and the regular mom duties. No crazy changes or happenings. Sometimes it is nice to just sit back and enjoy your blessings
Sunday, March 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
Looks like everyone is doing great--your kids are all so super smart (which is to be expected with their smart parents!), I'm always amazed at their accomplishments! :) Take care, and try to stay warm--I wish we could share some of our warmth...this weather out here has been crazy too, except in a good warm way! I don't ever remember a winter this warm. Crazy stuff.
Post a Comment