I can't believe it but I am now a grandma. Miriya delivered a very healthy baby on 13 July 2020. I don't feel like I am old enough to be a grandma, but here we are anyway. I am so excited to have a baby around again.
Miriya's pregnancy was complicated with cholestasis of pregnancy so she became very itchy around 20 weeks. This is exactly what I had when I was pregnant as well. I could definitely commiserate with her. Luckily, her OB started her on some medication that relieved the itching and her pregnancy progressed as usual. She was closely watched and delivered a baby boy at 37 weeks.
I was able to be with her for the labor and delivery. As she was high risk due to her cholestasis and gestational diabetes, the decision was made to induce her at 37 weeks. I was also induced for my last 2 pregnancies but my inductions were nothing like hers. I went to the hospital in the morning and had a baby by the afternoon. Miriya's induction took 3 days. Whew! I tried to be a great help and support. I was able to leave the hospital and get her food as well as take tasteful pictures and of course provide encouragement as the time dragged on.
Once he finally arrived, he didn't even cry. I became very worried as they whisked him off Miriya's abdomen and over to the basinet. I ran over to oversee/direct (ha, ha) any resuscitation that needed to be given but he was just fine. He was just looking all around and taking everything in. No crying for this baby. Wow, I was glad he was OK but I have never seen a healthy baby that didn't come out screaming. Not just my own but the other babies I have delivered as well. Interesting.
The hospital wouldn't let anyone else in to visit with Miriya secondary to COVID concerns so the rest of the family had to wait until she was discharged to meet little Wodin.




















1 comment:
I had no idea it took Miriya three days to deliver Wodin! Poor Girl! Good thing you were her labor coach! Glad you were able to be there for her. Wodin is so cute and worth it!
Post a Comment