Sometimes I realize that I walk through life excessively blessed. I also realize that I sometimes forget this fact. I have been thinking about the things that I am most thankful for. If I lost everything, these are the things I just couldn't live without.
1. A handyman husband. He is always willing to help bring to fruition any project that I dream up regarding the house. He is also able to fix just about everything that goes wrong when you own a home or a car.
2. A wonderful job. I actually enjoy going to work. When I was on maternity leave, I savored my time with the baby but I missed being at work as well. I am very blessed to get paid a full time salary for part time work. I truly have the best of both worlds: time at a job I love and even more time with my family.
3. An accepting ward family. We have been in several wards that were less than pleasant when it came to our non traditional situation. Our ward here is so wonderful and we have many friends that have become our family while we are away from family in Utah.
4. The ability to travel. It doesn't matter whether it is a camping trip one hour from our house or a visit to another country halfway around the world, I love to visit new places and cultures and realize how blessed I am to have the cooperation of my husband and kids regarding this endeavor. I truly believe that mine and my children's horizons have been broadened and their appreciation for Heavenly Father's blessings by the experiences they have had with poor countries, rich countries, forests, jungles and deserts has been increased by our adventures. Not to mention the love and bonding that occur during family vacations.
5. Children that, for the most part, live the teachings of the Gospel. They have their problems and challenges, but when all is said and done, they are not involved in drugs, gangs, the opposite (or same) sex, porn, online gaming, or any other myriad of things that could cause them to lose out on the blessings of our Heavenly Father. I am proud of them when they work hard and overcome their own particular challenges.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
This is great. Amen.
There are lots of things to be thankful for. I can occasionally get caught up in the cup is half full so it was nice to be reminded of the many things I have to be thankful for. By the way I have nominated you for an award on my blog. Go check it out!
Post a Comment