Sunday, August 30, 2009

Multiple Personality?


Tom, Miriya, Taylor and Isaac were out of town this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to work so I was not able to go with them. Since I am still nursing Nick, that meant that he had to stay home as well. For the last 3 days Nicholas has been able to play with whatever toy he happens to pick up without it being grabbed out of his hands. He has been able to pull up to standing whenever he wants and isn't constantly being pushed down. He is even able to sleep late in the morning since no loudmouths are around to wake him up. I didn't think it would make much difference but I have to admit, I am totally amazed. We spent the entire weekend with smiles and giggles. He played for an hour at a time with his toys on the floor. He would only fuss when he managed to scoot himself over to our area rug and pick off the fuzz and choke on it. (He loves that rug, no matter how far away the rug is, he will scoot himself over to it.) Very few tears were shed at all. I couldn't believe I was in the house with the same baby who last week demanded that he be held for 20 hours out of a 24 hour day. Isaac comes home tonight, I would like to think that I am an experienced mother, but clearly I am having a hard time keeping Isaac from terrorizing Nick. So, do brothers make you tough or do they just make you whiny?

No comments: