We have been very lucky to have Bev and Bruce over for a visit for the past several days. I was concerned about the house being clean and ready for guests since I was delayed in Denver and did not get to Dayton until the same day that they came, but it all worked out. I am so glad that I have a helpful husband and willing children. The kids always have a great time when Bev comes, but there was a twist this time when she brought Bruce, her brother, along. Our kids really don't know him all that well as he had only started getting involved in family activities just before we moved. Anyway, he has a grandson around the same age as Isaac and when Bruce got here, it was love at first sight. Bruce and Isaac were best buddies and played together the entire time. Today, when Isaac got up, the first thing out of his mouth was, "Where is Uncle Bruce?" I think he is filling in for the grandparent that is missing on that side of the family. We really enjoyed their visit and are already looking forward to the next time they come to spend time with us.
Here we are at the Ohio Caverns.

Isaac and Bruce on a walk in the Metropark
Nick, for some reason, would not let Bev hold him. Stranger, danger...
At the Air Force Museum. Bruce was in the army Airborne division. He saw a few planes in the museum that he jumped out of.
No comments:
Post a Comment