It has been so rainy lately. We haven't been able to get out of the house for over a week. It is just too wet. Our yard is a squishy mud pit and all of the rivers have flooded the low lying areas. I don't think I have ever seen so much rain. Yesterday was Tom's birthday. He wanted to get out of the house so we took the kids to an African car safari that they have in Toledo. On the website they have pictures of cars with giraffes behind them. We thought that sounded pretty cool. Plus we could stay in the car and avoid the rain. Turns out, once we got there, that they don't actually have giraffes and elephants. They do have about 100 petting deer and 3 bison and 2 extra large, shaggy, long horned bulls. A little disappointing but we had fun anyway. Especially when they gave us 3 cups of food and a bag of carrots to hang out of our car windows. Taylor and Isaac hung out of the sunroof and everyone else just threw stuff out of their windows, except me. I am not so cool with large animals that close to me. I like to look at them but having them lick my arm or snot on my hands is not my idea of a good time. I mostly kept my window up. That did not prevent the bison from snotting all over the outside of the window. Unfortunately, rain does not remove bison snot.
No comments:
Post a Comment