Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blue Hair?

For some reason Miriya has decided to dye her hair blue. She asked me permission before she did it. I remember wanting to dye my hair some crazy color when I was younger. I never had the courage. I was conflicted. Of course I don't want my beautiful, blond haired daughter to change her hair to crazy blue, but then I thought about the fact that she wasn't asking for a tattoo or a pierce and hair grows back. I also know that if I had told her no it would have turned into a huge power struggle that I was ultimately doomed to lose. So I told her OK. I did not, however, buy the dye. I did help her apply it so that it wasn't worse than it could have been. Here is before and after. They dye is semi permanent, which is a good thing since she can't wear it to EFY this summer. Why blue? I don't really know.

No comments: