Friday, November 13, 2009

Rasmussen Ramblings

I haven't posted for a while because there haven't been any momentous things to document. So, rather than discuss one big event, I will just talk about the small things we have all been involved with recently.

Tom, my handyman, is building some shelves for our front room. We are about to get rid of our 15 year old, pressed wood entertainment center and we need a place to put the DVR, DVD and CDs etc. He has done a wonderful job and I can't wait until they are complete and the room is finished.






I was recently notified that I received a speeding ticket while in Germany (Dang photocop). I don't know how to go about paying it, maybe this is one ticket that won't get me arrested if I don't pay. But then maybe I would like to go back to Germany some time in the future. I guess I will need to look into international law on this question. I also just received a speeding ticket while taking the kids to COSI in Columbus (dang real cop!) I assure you that I am really a safe driver, I just am targeted by all the police around here. I absolutely do NOT drive too fast for my ability. I am just in a hurry and no one seems to understand, especially Tom.
The picture is a tepee that I made for Isaac for his birthday. It was a big project and I think it turned out well. He will be so excited.






Miriya just started swimming again. I am so glad that she decided to do it for this year. I know that she will be glad she did it. She has also been studying for her Driver's License written exam. This driving thing is nearly here for her. (In Ohio, if she gets a ticket she loses her license. She better not follow my example.) Finally, she got a new haircut and a new color. Now it matches her fiery personality.






Taylor is growing, growing, growing. I can't keep him in pants. Every time he passes the sacrament I look down and see that he is in floods. Thank goodness he doesn't also wear white socks to announce to everyone that his pants don't fit. When I see the floods, I take away the pants and put them in the too small box when we get home from church. Unfortunately, he is down to one pair. I guess he will be getting some boring clothes for Christmas and birthday.
The picture is Taylor and his saxaphone. He was just commenting on how much smaller the sax seems now than it did 2 years ago when he first picked it up.


Isaac is a little pill. He is trying to be very independent these days. This translates into 1 hour to get dressed as he tries to pick his clothes and then put them on and button them up himself. This is OK on a weekday but before church is maddeningly slow. Thank goodness his yelling phase is mostly over. Now if we could just move forward with the potty... The picture is Isaac making the same face as his Jack o Lantern.





Nick is going to be 1 next week. We have started the weaning process. He doesn't like it too much but I am looking forward to having my body back to myself. I really miss being able to take Nyquil when I have a cold. Plus, he is now sleeping through the night. I don't know why none of my kids slept through the night until I weaned them. Anyway, I would like to wean him to a cup but he is pretty cup phobic. We are down to one nursing a day just before bedtime. All the other times he eats baby food and one or two sips from a cup. He is also learning some signs. He can do more and all done on occasion. I am trying to teach him cookie so he can ask for what he wants. The picture is of Nick playing with his pumpkin while the rest of us are carving.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i made i teepee like that when my kids were little also. I could not make the cloth stay up on the poles. beverly