Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Milestones

We have had 2 exciting developments in our house recently. The first one, after many months of bribing, badgering and pulling our hair out, Isaac is actually going to the potty on his own. He will be playing with his toys in the basement and will, of his own volition, say, "I need to potty!" He will then run to the potty, pull down his pants and go. He has actually earned enough stickers to get his Cars underwear. He is so proud of himself and I am so proud of him. Hooray!
Here is a picture of Isaac in his Cars unders, standing next to his sticker chart. I realize the unders are on backwards but he likes to look at the cars and they are on the bum instead of on the front. I am so happy that he has earned them, that I don't really care how he wears them.


Second milestone. Taylor got his braces today. He is officially a brace face. He states that they don't hurt, Tom and me and Miriya do not believe. The orthodontist is expecting 2 years until they come off.

1 comment:

S said...

You have inspired me to work on potty training again with E. She is 2 1/2 and I am very tired of 2 kids in diapers.
Good Luck to Taylor. 2 years is a long time. Hope it ends up being shorter than that.