Monday, May 17, 2010

Sunday

I don't usually complain about Sundays because they aren't usually too bad. We have our share of rowdy kids and tardiness to sacrament meeting but for the most part it isn't too exciting. Yesterday, however, was very unusual. We had a nexus of evil that gripped us all in a vortex of humiliation. It all started when Isaac said that he needed to go to the bathroom during sacrament meeting. Taylor was sitting on the end of the row so he got sent out with Isaac to the potty. He was gone for quite a while then came back in the chapel, without Isaac, asking Tom to come out and help. That is never a good sign. Turns out that Isaac had locked himself in a bathroom stall and Taylor couldn't get him out. Isaac then proceeded to sit on the floor, which was wet of course. (I don't even want to think about what he sat in) Tom was also gone for quite a while getting Isaac out of the stall and changed. Just when I was starting to get really worried, Miriya and I heard the specific whistle that Tom makes when he wants to get your attention. I was sitting with Nicholas so I sent Miriya out to see what he wanted. When she came back in I noticed that she did not have any shoes on. Where are your shoes? I was expecting the worst. "Um, I forgot them," was her reply. What?! You forgot your shoes? "Well it was all your fault." was her lame excuse. "The babies were crying and you were telling everyone to get in the car and I just forgot about them. " Now this might be believable (but not forgiveable, give me a break) except this is how it is every Sunday before we leave for church and she has never forgotten before today. Furthermore, I don't think it is my responsibility to make sure my 16 year old daughter has shoes on before we leave for church. Unfortunately, church is 30 minutes away so she just had to make the best of things. At least she had on a long skirt and so could try to hide her feet.
Finally, Isaac got kicked out of sunbeams twice for hitting other kids and his teacher. We had reverence practice by having him sit on a chair instead of playing with his friends or toys. He seemed penitient enough. I guess we will see what tricks he pulls next week. What a day!

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Ha! Glad it's not just my kids that do things like that!
Kade once did remember his shoes, just didn't wear his socks!
Of course, he was only 5...;)

S said...

I can't understand how Miriya forgot her shoes. Pretty funny kids!