Our family just got home from a very fun adventure in West Virginia. The older kids in our family and the older kids in our friend's family got together along with the parents and planned and executed a 3 day high adventure. Crazy Uncle Jeff also came along. We found a sitter for the little guys and off we went for thrill seeking, high adrenaline, death defying experience. Who says all these activities have to originate at church? It was actually much more fun to do it ourselves rather than shepherd a large group of teenagers.
The first day was climbing a Via Ferrata. This was a large rock fin that was 1000 feet high with metal rungs glued into the wall. The idea was to walk along the wall holding onto the rungs. It was less demanding than actual rock climbing but no less thrilling. I have a slight fear of heights that seems to unmask itself at times like this. I got too freaked out to do the optional climb but everyone else climbed to the very top of the fin. Good on you all!
Here is the actual waiver to sign before you climb. These lawyers are working overtime! Click on it to make it big enough to read.
Here is Miriya jumping off a rock into the river.
For the last day we did a gravity zip line tour. It was a series of 6 zip lines that ranged from 1000 to 3700 feet. You were zipping from one side of the canyon to the other at speeds around 45 MPH. For the last zip we could race 2x2. It was funny to watch Tom and Jeff try to out do each other on the zips.












1 comment:
You guys do such awesome things! I bet your kids' friends think you are the coolest parents ever! I wish I was more adventurous...maybe I just need to bite the bullet and try some of these cool things! I'm glad you had fun! :)
Post a Comment