OK, I read the comment and I suppose there is more to discuss about Japan than the crazy toilets. We spent 3 days in Okinawa and 3 days in Tokyo. Okinawa is a lot like Cancun or Hawaii. The beaches are gorgeous and the water crystal clear blue and warm. You can snorkel right from the shore. I didn't do any snorkeling because I had Nicholas with me and he hasn't figured out how to use a snorkel yet. We did find some rocky beaches and explored the tide pools. Tom was mainly working during this part of the trip so I was on my own for a bit. Tom did manage to sneak away long enough to hike around in the jungle and find some geocaches. We also found a beautiful waterfall surrounded by slippery moss. I had to break out my first aid for a cut on Tom's hand.
Our 3 days on Tokyo were spent, where? You guessed it! Disneyland! My goal is to visit all the Disney parks. Anaheim, Orlando, Paris and Tokyo down, Hong Kong next... Tom was reluctant because riding the rides alone is not too much fun but there were plenty of rides we could take the baby on and once we mastered the phrase to ask for a child swap pass we were golden. The Disneyland park is quite similar to the Anaheim park, however the DisneySeas park was knock your socks off amazing. I haven't seen anything that even comes close to its theming. I couldn't find a Mickey Mouse watch with Kanji numbers but we did find sweatshirts with classic mouse ears and Kanji writing for souveniers.
Lest you think I went to Japan and only did American things we did ride the speedy trains (but not the bullet train) and we also visited the imperial gardens and ancient castle fortifications. It was an amazing trip and the kids are begging to go next time. Tom says that he will need to return in February. We'll have to see what we can work out.












1 comment:
Finally we get to see the view from outside the bathroom. Beautiful pictures. You'll have to sneak me in the luggage next time.
Post a Comment