Sunday, July 19, 2009

New Bathroom

For the last 3 weeks we have been in the middle of project master bathroom. We had it all scheduled on the calendar, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to lay new tile in the master bath. We had this really hideous vinyl that was all scuffed and scratched. Plus we had a leak somewhere in the vicinity of the tub/toilet that needed to be repaired. 3 days lay the tile, done. That was the plan. But, one thing led to another that led to another etc. Now the 3 day project has turned into 3 weeks and there still isn't an end in sight. The travertine, grout and caulk are done. The stone is even sealed. The toilet is finally usable as long as you don't care about a door. We didn't mess with the bathtub (I tried but got the evil eye from Tom so I didn't mention it again. I have learned a few things after being married to him for 16 years.) So as long as you don't care about that pesky door problem, you can still shower. The only thing left is the sink faucets. We ended up getting a new vanity (this took 2 weeks to come in), and you can't get a new vanity and then put in the same low class faucet that was on the old one so we ordered new ones. They were supposed to be a week out, nope. Turns out, they will take about a month to arrive. So, it is still a mess in my room and I STILL have to brush my teeth in the kid's bathroom.

Here are a few pics of the work in progress. I forgot to take a picture of the bathroom before we got started. Yes, that is a toilet in my bedroom, on a tarp, but still. EEWWWWW. We got a new camera that does video. The clip is an attempt to see if I can make it all work, from camera to computer.




No comments: