Monday, July 6, 2009

Mountain Biking

After last week's kayaking adventure we decided to try to make it more of a usual thing where we go out with the 2 older kids to do older kid things. We called up Miriya's friend to babysit again and went mountain biking at a park near the air force base. (I am so glad she decided to sit for us again since Nick was naughty and refused to take a bottle from her. He is so picky. His first choice of food is Mom anytime and anywhere. Obviously this is not possible all the time, but he seems to only take a bottle from Dad. Don't even ask about rice cereal or baby food, it is all poison.) Anyway we jumped on our bikes and started riding. It has been 2 years since I did any mountain biking since I was pregnant all last summer. I could really feel it. Somehow I was always the last one in line as everyone else dusted me up and down the hills. As we got more comfortable with it, we became bolder. Ride between 2 trees? No problem! Go off a log jump? Heck yes! Ride through the creek and spray mud on the person behind you? All right! We rode all over the park until we were all pouring sweat and breathing hard and covered with dirt and leaves. No serious wounds thank goodness. We loved it and I can't wait to go back. I think the babysitter is going to be earning plenty of money off us this summer.

As for our 4th of July, I had the good luck of working the trauma station during the morning shift. We saw such things as a guy who blew off his butt when an M80 missed the car window he was throwing it out of and went under his seat instead. I love my job, you just can't make this stuff up. It rained during the afternoon so we had family game time. No fireworks this year, they were rained out.

1 comment:

The Rascal said...

It rained in Nashville as well. They still shot the fireworks as it was just drizzling and then the Noah’s Ark downpour let loose. So instead of shooting them off 1 by 1 they shot them all off together. It was short but so intense and awesome. They whole thing was the finale of blasts.