Saturday, February 6, 2010

17 and Counting


Tom and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday, we have officially been married for 17 years. We were supposed to go out to dinner and then to a hockey game (we used to do this when we were dating and newly married) but there was a giant snow storm so we ended up staying at home. My parents used to celebrate their anniversary with a fancy pants dinner that had courses and was eaten on my Mom's nice china. Tom likes this idea and so fixed steamed crab legs and sushi for everyone to enjoy together. I was impressed. Afterwards we watched Journey to the Center of the Earth with the kids. I know, not the most romantic anniversary ever, but still very fun all the same and it suited me fine. Anyway, it doesn't really matter what we do to celebrate, it is just the fact that we have been married for 17 years and are still in love that makes the occassion so special. I love Tom more now than I ever have. We have weathered a combined 19 years of college, 4 houses, 4 pregnancies, 1 devastating job loss, mutliple overseas adventures, an insatiable obsession with the mousehouse, innumerable answered prayers and an infinite number of blessings, even if they didn't seem like blessings at the time. I hope my children have marriages as happy as ours has made me. We are truly, 17 years and counting.

2 comments:

bamatamb said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

S said...

Happy Anniversary! Liked the post by Tom as well. 17 years and now you're blogging together.