Well, Miriya has had a few firsts over the past several days. She had her first date. She tried to mask it as going bowling with her friends but it turned out that her friends were really her one friend who is a boy and the same boy that she has been hanging out with at swimming. Hmm. Tom and I were a little concerned at first as it seemed that she tried to conceal what was going on. She is just 2 months shy of 16. I am not overly upset about the date but I would prefer she stick to groups, or at least be honest about what she is doing. When confronted she grudgingly admitted that it was very like a date and she could understand why we thought that it was one. She had a lot of fun but did not realize that on a date you have to let your date pick you up at the door and then walk you to the door when it is over. We talked with her about respect and how she needs to let her dates show that they have it for her by doing these things. I don't know if she rolled her eyes while my back was turned or not.
During our conversation, I so wanted to ask her if she had kissed him, but unfortunately, Taylor, the ever present little brother, kept hanging around. She definitely won't be truthful with listening brother's ears nearby. I also reflected on the fact that my little girl is now a young woman with a boyfriend, soon to have a driver's license and plans for college in 2 years. I hope I have taught her well enough to take care of herself. It's scary out there.
Speaking of driving, that brings me to the next first. Miriya's first mishap with the car. She was backing out of the driveway last night and we had put the garbage cans out for garbage day the next morning. She was not watching and hit the garbage can with the driver's side mirror. It bent the mirror back and broke the glass. Not too much damage but Tom was still upset. At least it didn't involve someone else's car.












1 comment:
Gasp! You will have to tell Miriya grandma's rule for being a beep-out. Hee Hee.
Tell Tom not to be too angry about the mirror. I actually did the exact same thing a week ago. Burke wasn't very happy either.
Post a Comment