Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Good Intentions (Tom)

Sometimes you try to be nice and your best intentions come out all wrong.

I was driving home on this snowy evening and I came upon a tow truck that had slid off the road and had become inexorably stuck. The dire circumstance was apparent by the obvious attempt to get his truck back onto solid ground after churning up soupy shoulder and back for some length. I calculated that a little 4-wheel drive tug could get this poor unfrotunate souls wheels back onto straight and narrow solid ground. I pulled up alongside the poor driver, rolled down my window and asked "Do you need a tow?"

Billy Bob gave me that "you are such a jerk" look, smirked with a "like I haven't heard that one before" and told me his boss was on his way. The worst part of the crusty visage is that I was actually sincere and not trying to be a wise guy. On second thought, it was somewhere between crazy hilarious and jiggy ticklish. Perhaps William Robert had an emaciated sense of humor.

Tom

1 comment:

S said...

Yay another post from Tom